It took a bit longer than i anticipated, but the leviathan forum is moved to the new hosting. At first it didn’t want to load at all, which turned out to be a little mistake in a file which was corrected by my friend (I don’t think i could reach that file, not sure though).
So today i got to work in installing and putting the backup back.
The install went very smoothly. The backup.. not so much.
I tried several times and just couldn’t get it to work.
Than i checked the configuration and it turned out that the old forum used different database table prefixes than the new one. DOH!
So i changed the configuration and it worked. I thought i needed to change one more little thing.. and boom. I blew up the whole forum.
Error error error.. no forum.. database crap woops!
I wasn’t sure if it was the last thing i had changed or a combo of a few things that made the forum go boom, so i needed to fiddle some things around.
After some trial and error i found it and managed to fix it.
So the forum is back, completely in it’s old format with the complete backup too.
I’m still contemplating doing a new install before the moots though (after making another back up of course with the updated posts of the upcoming days) as there is still one glitch and i’m a perfectionist and i don’t like glitches (even if they’re only visable in the admin panel).